Thursday, February 26, 2015

Follow Retro Charlotte to its new home!

We've got a whole new look -- hope you like it!


    Can't get enough photos and ads and stories about Old Charlotte? Then follow me over to my new and improved blog page here:  Retro Charlotte's new home

Thanks!  - Maria

+ + + + + + +

For my last blog on this site I'll share photos of the Observer Newsroom Library in the '70s.  


  
The black file cabinets held clip files of articles and the gray cabinets stored photos.
We still use that stool on the bottom left.



Hey, that's former librarian and good friend Sara Klemmer!
(front right, big hair, lol)


More clips as well as City Directories, etc.  And Sara Klemmer.


All those books are still there even though my desk is now in the center 
of the Newsroom and the Sports Dept is where the library used to be.
See the microfilm reader in the middle?

+ + + + + + +

Remember to follow me here from now on! -  Retro Charlotte's new home





1 comments:

Marion said...

The floors and cabinets are so shiny! Either they were new, or the cleaning crew took its job very seriously!